Friday, October 13, 2006

Leaving on a Jet Plane

My parents are going on an overseas vacation today.
I woke up slightly earlier to pass some money to my mum for her to use during her trip.

"Are you sure you have enough to use?"

"Don't worry, mum. My daily expenses is alright. I am more worried about my medical expenses."

"You don't have to worry about your medical expenses at all."

I know.
I know my parents have my medical expenses planned out to a certain extent.

I was touched, very touched.
Family really will help you in times of need.
And friends will always provide that source of support.

But to be honest, I really do not wish to use my parent's retirement sum.
Since I got my condition, I've been wishing that I can strike Toto first prize, so that I can have enough money for my medical, and my daily life. Then I can go find any job that I like to do, even if it is low paying.
I have always wanted to work in a Manga store or game store. ^_^;

But of cos, Toto dream is totally unrealistic and illogical.
But it's good to have dreams isn't it. haha

Luckily I have bought insurance.
The only thing I worry about is whether there will be any problem claiming, since my cancer is a chronic one. And such a rare cancer in Singapore.
Plus...my coverage is not a lot.

Money...
I have only worked for bearly 2 years.
If this has strike me only when I have more savings and earning a higher pay and have a bigger position in the company with slightly more leverage power. Then the company will be more willing to pay for my medical expenses, yet keep me in the job
But of course, it is just a thought.

Luckily I am currently without any commitment.
No car, no partner, no kids.

My expenses can be totally spent on making myself happy.

Life is too short.

I want to lead a happy, fulfilling life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home