Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Counting Blessings

And so, my doctor sent me an email today to tell me that the clinical trial is no go, and I have to go to do chemo this week.

To be honest, I am not mentally prepared. So I told her I only want to start on 19 May. Because that is the date given by my Feng Shui master... and it is also a date after Vesak Day, so I can do some praying before I get admitted to hospital.

Am I scared? Of course I am. But I always try to see this as just another trial for me. And always to count my blessings.

I was in SGH last Friday for a doctor's appointment and on my way back, I met a lady, maybe younger than me, in a wheel chair. She was alone and she was queueing to take the shuttle bus out of SGH. She needed help onto the bus and her legs were trembling a lot. The bus broke down on the next station, and we have to help her down the bus and onto her wheelchair again.

And I thought to myself, yes I have Chronic Lymphocytice Leukemia. But I can still walk and eat and meet my friends. In fact I am very fortunate to still be able to function as normal. There are so many unfortunate people out there and it is no time for me to be mopping and feeling sorry for myself. I know I am very fortunate to have my family, my partner and my friends, wishing the best for me.

And with that, I know I have to go through this trial with a positive mind and a strong heart.

Always learn to count your blessings. Because you will never know how lucky you are till you learn to be appreciative.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home