Thursday, June 26, 2008

What's up at Round 2

Flora came to visit me on my 2nd chemo and she brought me delicious STRAWBERRIES! You know strawberries are my FAVOURITE! And it's not the normal strawberries ok, it's the BIG BIG ones! Really big, fragrant and JUICY! But I didn't eat much in the hospital. I am not supposed to eat any fruits without peeling them. And since I can't peel strawberries... But I still has 2 of them that day. It's just too irresistable.

Yummy strawberries


I brought them back home anyway and use the knife to cut off all the skin before I eat them. Haha! Thank goodness Flora bought me BIG BIG strawberries, so after 'skinning' the strawberries, they are still a big piece left for me to eat. So yummy! I really love strawberries so much. Which is so unlike my character, because I am so un-feminine and people always associate strawberries with girly girls. *giggles girlishly*

Anyhoooo, I am also going to show you guys the soft toy my 2nd nephew gave me. It's a cute little doraemon. My nephew is only 3 and half years old and is such a darling. Go around 'flirting' with all the nurses and the nurses will always come up to tell me how cute he is. He sure will grow up to be a ladykiller next time. Haha.
This doraemon acts as a wrist rest for me to rest my arm and wrist. My nephew (my brother and sis-in-law actually) got for me to rest the arm with the port (the needle used deliver the drip and chemo drugs) and it is so useful, even nurses asked me to use it.



This pic is taken while I am having chemo and you can see the tube is protruding out. When the houseman (practicing doctors that just came out from med school) was putting the port into my left hand, he told me that the tube might protrude out but it was ok, because I can pretend I am ultraman and go "tui tui tui"! Hahah! This silly houseman really made the sound "tui tui tui" to me! And for goodness sake, he is even younger than me! Treating me like a big kid! Too bad he is not going into pediatrics cos I think the kids will really like his goofiness.

Once, I was just lying on my (hosp) bed and minding my own business when something rolled from outside all the way into my room and under my bed. Then this houseman walked in and started searching for that 'thing'. After asking, that 'thing' was actually the front piece of his stethoscope, the part used for listening to heart beats, and it actually came loose and fall off!! How funny can he get!

So it is like everytime I get admitted to SGH, I will surely have some housemen stories to tell.

First time was the houseman from hell that couldn't draw my blood and hurt me so much, he caused me to hyperventilate. 2nd was the houseman who did not listen to instructions and after telling him to avoid inserting the needle on my joint, did it anyway and caused me to not be able to bend my left arm for 5 days straight. And now, I had an ultraman wannabe for doctor. Haha. With housemen like this, how bored will you get in hospitals, really?

4 Comments:

At 6:41 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Fayth,
You very not girly meh? hahah I thought otherwise though kekeke...but strawberries are nice right :)

Oh so sweet ur nephew......

Yah housemens are hilarious..the last time, i was hospitalised, my godsons looked even more chow lau than the one tending to me kekek... i smart already, always ask them to get the experience nurse to poke me with the needles....no more guinea pig :P

You are really so brave and I am really so proud to see you so positive with all that has been going on, heheh puts me to shame..especially when how i think i will cry like a baby heheh during some of my chemo...when the nurses cannot hit my porthecathe with the needle hiakhiak

 
At 9:00 PM , Blogger Fay said...

Haha I cried during my CT SCAN! How "brave" is that?

Everytime I requested for a nurse to do it for me in the ward, they will tell me that it is the houseman's job. I can't seems to get a nurse to help me. :(

I think you're very brave too. I can NEVER imagine getting a porthecathe. It's too too too scary! Hehe

 
At 9:11 AM , Blogger munchiew said...

wow I miss eating those long-stem strawberries!

How come when I visit I always dun see the housemen?

 
At 11:14 PM , Blogger Fay said...

Cos when you visit, housemen go back home already.

For some strange reasons, some look gay. :p

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home