Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Round 1 Chemo! WON!

Here are some of my first round chemo pix. No face pix though. Just picture of my plug and my 3 chemo drugs, fludarabine, cyclophosphamide and rituximab.



Many people have a misconception of chemotherapy. I realised that when I had my first round of chemo. Many of my friends thought I will be pushed to a special room with radiation to be "baked" and injected. My partner say they think it's like putting me in a microwave oven. Haha.

But it is not like that. The nurses will come in with a packet of liquid and just put it in your plug and let in infuse like a drip. That's all. Simple and easy. ^_^

They will inject some anti-nauseua drug (through the plug) before infusing you help you cope better with the to-be side effects. So really, it's not that scary.

If you ever wanna encourage a friend going through chemo, just be as normal as you can. DO NOT be even more hysterical than your friend. Making them calm during chemo is very important. It is really, not as bad as how TCS 8 protray it to be (screaming and crying patient, non-stop vomitting and people laughing at the poor patient who is bald). :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home