Friday, May 09, 2008

live strong

I am back from the hospital. had bone marrow aspirate, CT scan and some blood test and now waiting for results. Doc wanna make sure mine is really CLL and not Mantle Cell Lymphoma, which is much more agressive and treatment has to be more agressive too.

I have a new funky doctor! The previous one was too arrogant and sloppy so I decided to change. Was kind angry with him for now giving me the necessary test to confirm mine is CLL and sending me to chemo.

But this new funky female doc is very nice. She helped me do my bone marrow aspirate, which I heard from some patient that as a consultant, she doesn't have to personally do it for me. And she was so much better than the TTSH one i did that gave me much trauma. Really thankful to have this lady as my doctor now. *cougheyecandycough*

And really thankful to HB who always stayed by my side for a good 3 days when I am in there. Really grateful and thankful for the company. And my colleagues as well who stayed with me till 11pm on the 2nd night.

The drip and all the scans were a painful process but all is bearable. I cried a bit here and there especially when my mum sms me to ask me if I slept well the night before and that she missed me and love me.

And I actually cried during the CT scan it was really painful when the flush the needle used for the contrast and was wondering once again, why do I hv to go thru this. Haha.

I miss my partner. She was hospitalised in spain due to bowel inflammation. O_o
She said cos she missed me too much. haha.

The results will be out next friday, then in to do chemo. Wish me luck! i hope it's really just plain old CLL. GOD LET ME HAVE CLL PLEASE!

2 Comments:

At 7:30 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Faith,
Stay strong.
For the CT scans next time, when they inject the contrast, tell them to be SUPER DUPER slow with the flow..... it helps.... Must emphasise ..SUPER DUPER SLOW... ok?
HUGS... You have been so BRAVE ... so keep it up k?

Love Fleur

 
At 10:13 PM , Blogger Fay said...

Thanks Fleur. Sometimes I feel they don't really care if they hurt you or not. They just wanna get things done asap. Cos i told them it hurts but that doesn't change the fact that they still hurt me with it. T_T

Fleur, I am worried about Molly, any news about her?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home