Friday, October 31, 2008

I AM A SPOILT PATIENT!!!

I had the most pleasant BMA (bone marrow aspirate) today. :)

I really have to take my hats off my doc. She really have the right technique to keep the crybaby in me in check. I registered for my BMA and was told to come back 45 min later as the MO is not here yet. So I came bk after 45 min and was told that Yvonne was looking for me.... I had like the nurses, the tech staff, even the cleaner telling me that my doc was looking for me to do my BMA. Most probably she was too fed up with my constant whining of my last traumatic BMA, she decides to get her hands dirty with my blood *cough cough* er hem. But she really do not have to do that. She was running late for her meeting and yet she did the BMA for me. A consultant.... doing BMA for patients... which was supposed to be a medical officer job. It's amazing. I love my doctor :)

Anyway, it was a fun experience. I requested for a female nurse this time, who was one of my fav nurse, Li Sack to help me. She was really funny and helpful. And the tech staff (who had a really unique name Blanche) who was there to check the BMA equipment was really friendly too. First time I met her and already she was chatting with me like I was an old patient of hers. Anyway, 3 women in a room = noisy market. They were chatting with each other like they were talking over lunch. And me is their "lunch". Yvonne was like poking my bone and chatting with the other 2 ladies talking about really funny stuff. Was trying very hard not to laugh. It wont be funny if the needle poke through more than it should while I laughed.

Anyway, it was a pleasant experience. I was laughing before, during and after the BMA, I think it really relaxed the auntie outside waiting for her turn for her BMA. Well, sad to say, I was Yvonne's last patient. Then the MO took over. Hope the auntie was fine. *sweats*

Joanne: Can you leave a comment on ur email and I will get back to you. Promise won't expose ur email. ^^

2 Comments:

At 8:02 AM , Blogger Gloria said...

U sound like you just when for some spa treatment ;)
Glad that all is well.

 
At 8:33 AM , Blogger Fay said...

hahhahah that's so funny gloria!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home