Wednesday, October 03, 2007

I worked hard too

Today I met up w my JC friends and update on our lives. Then we started to talk about a very sensitive issue: salary. They talked about how their pay increment work and stuff. And I do know that all of them are earning more than me now. After all, I gave up my industry to go into a totally new one and is getting an entry level pay now. As compared to how much I was earning 1 year ago, this is really way way WAY too little.

But I would like my friends to know too, I used to work hard and used want to stay my previous job and climb. After all, I worked in banking and it was THE industry to be in now. But when I discover my condition, I guess many things shattered. My ex company was not able to switch me to a non sales job and I did not want to be under the stress of getting scolded by clients, pressured to perform, bothered by my business partners and having to work till 10pm and on weekends as well. So after my first operation, I decided to quit my job. It is something I would hv never had done if I was well and healthy. I loved my job. And I know that if I had stayed on just a few more months, I would have become the sales manager. I would have gotten a pay rise and a promotion.

But all these shattered when I know about my condition.

I stopped working because I have to go for my 2nd operation and was jobless for 4 months. Thereafter, I found a job that didn't feel right. I left after a while. And here I am, in a new industry with no experience and an entry level pay.

Dear friends, I wish you guys can also understand what I went thru. I wish I am as lucky as all of you to be able to be in a job for longer than what I had been now. I know I had a future in my previous work place but I gave it up for the better of my health. I hope you guys understand too, that I fought hard too, that I once was kinda successful before in my previous job in my sales results.

I dunno why I am writing this. Perhaps I am feeling inferior. Perhaps I am feeling 遗憾 for the circumstances I am in. Or perhaps, I am really envious that you guys are in the one job for long enough to experience several promotions and pay increase.

But I just want you friends to know, (if you ever read my blog) that I'd found a job that make me feel at home again. I hope that with my potential and hardwork, I would be able to outperform my peers and have a faster road to promotion so as to be on par with you guys again. I am lagging behind now. But please don't feel sympathetic over it. Wish me all the best and lastly pray that I am healthy enough to work towards building a good career.

To me, having a successful career is much more satisfying than many other things. I wish I can once again succeed in what I do, like I did a year ago.

1 Comments:

At 10:41 PM , Blogger Molly said...

Hi Fayth,

Unfortunately, we live in a society whereby people judge our worth by our salary and achievement. In order to prove our worth, we worked hard partly to fulfill people's expectation of us. Sounds superficial isn't it?

Well, I used to be a competitive person before my cancer diagnosis. Always comparing myself with people around me... Isn't that silly and meaningless? Life is not about that, right?

Life is about love, loving and receiving love from people. At the end the day, you will feel a great sense of self-worth and that will benefit our health especially.

Take care and I truly understand how you feel. Relax and be happy okie?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home