Monday, November 10, 2008

Life Transformers

Was watching channel 8 Life Transformers today and I felt really upset and sad and devastated for the family. Wanying is around the same age as me but 6 yrs ago, she got very high fever for 2 weeks due to brain infection 1 month before her 21st birthday. It damages her brain and since then, she could not function like a normal person. The parents are using so much time to take care of her cos even the basic things like swallowing she has trouble doing.

I really teared while watching this. You know, compare to her condition, I would really be consider as lucky. Sometimes when I look at youngsters complaineing about life, wasting their life away in cigarettes and alcohol, I really wonder do they ever know how lucky they are. Such nomalcy of life can be stripped away just by a single fever or a single accident. Do people nowadays really appreciate what they have and the people around them? Life is so beautiful but sad to say, most people won't learn to appreciate till something happened to them.

My JC friend was diagnosed with thyriod cancer recently. Went through and operation and taking MC at home now. She did a bit of reflecting and realised that she should really just be happy with life's simple things. Like eating a bowl of bak chor mee with her husband. I guess I also had that kinda revelation when I was first diagnosed. And especially now, after going through 1 round of chemo, it made me love myself even more. I really truly love myself a lot now. I appreciate how I look because I know how I can look worse with my lymph nodes swelling. I appreciate my energy level now, because I know how lethargic I could get when my white blood count was high. Sometimes it's such things that made you appreciate life a little more. Sad but true.

Sometimes, such events in life are like a revelations. Perhaps that is the reason why such things happened.

8 Comments:

At 10:57 AM , Blogger Ee said...

before my C, i was also blindly chasing the others C and having very unrealistic goals on my partner and myself. But now, living simple and just having my hb by my side is happy enough.

 
At 6:59 PM , Blogger Shin said...

Hi Fayth,

I like your attitude. Buying Toto tickets... very funny!

I read about your friend Sarah. I also had a friend last year with Stage IV cancer but she hasn't answered my phone calls or SMS messages in many months. I'm afraid of what might have happened to her.

Maybe your friend Lishan is right. Maybe our circle of cancer-fighters will keep getting smaller. But let's think of it this way. Every time another cancer-fighter leaves the battlefield, she passes on her torch to another fighter who can add that fire to her own fight. And that'll make our fire burn brighter, stronger, longer, thanks to those who fought before us.

 
At 9:04 PM , Blogger Debbie said...

Hi there

Wanying happens to be my Poly classmate and its really taken a toll on her family ever since. I remembered her as a very cheerful and sporty gal. Its very tragic that this has to happen to her at her prime. I hope that every1 reading this can help with our fundraiser for Wanying. Kindly email fundsforwanying@gmail.com or call 96214233 Alicia, 91520320 Debbie.

 
At 7:09 AM , Blogger munchiew said...

I missed the show, but saw the trailer. But seeing your description, it should be similar to what our K went through, but he was more lucky to be somewhat reversible compared to Wanying. sighz, you know it is after seeing my friends having turning points in my life that I tend to not pursue too much over the top now....colleagues finds that too puzzling, haha.

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger Fay said...

ee: yes sometimes it's such events that make one appreciate life more. and perhaps we are lucky in that sense that it makes us appreciate the people around us and what we have more.

 
At 8:58 AM , Blogger Fay said...

Shin: Hey welcome to my blog! I was so surprised you read so many of my entries. I still did not manage to find Sarah. Nor can I find another friend of mine who was diagnosed with ovarian cancer in June. I am now seriously worried. I really wish they are well....

Well, Lishan also told me that we should live our lives for those who passed on and learn to pass it on to others, all the good things that happened to us.

 
At 8:59 AM , Blogger Fay said...

Debbie: WOW er how can I help btw?

 
At 9:01 AM , Blogger Fay said...

MC: Ya reminded of K's incident. I am really very thankful that his parents sent him to NUH early enough to be treated. He is recovering so well now, it is really great.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home