Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Hang in there boss

My ex boss was diagnosed with ovarian cancer 3rd stage in June. She was fighting and going through radio and chemo for 4 mths before cancer got critical and spread to her kidney and last I heard, brain

I worked with her for more than a year and she always appear positive and is a tai tai looking girl. She was only 30 this year. A very successful woman, was a manager at a very young age, got a continental car and an apartment on her own at the age of 28. Then sold off the apartment and made about 50% - 70% profit from there.

We always say she is a very lucky person. But I guess life is really unpredictable. Too unpredictable. People can drink and smoke all their lives and not get a single illness in their lives, whil others can lead a really healthy lifestyle and kenna such things. Just when we think our boss had all the time in her life to enjoy all the profit she made....

Going to see her maybe these 2 days.

But I am very, very scared. For normal people, this may be just a visit to see an old friend or an ex colleague. They can sympathised with her but they can never empathised. For cancer warriors like myself, seeing a lighted candle, slowly losing it's light is an extremely scary thing.

I wish I have the courage to not shed any tears when I see her....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home