Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Signing the AMD form

Many may not know of AMD, Advance Medical Directive act. An AMD is a legal document that a person signs to indicate that he does not wish to have any extraordinary life-sustaining treatment to prolong his life in the event he becomes terminally ill and unconscious.

so far, only about 10 000 Singaporeans had signed this. Most people does not even know this exist. I did not know either, till I watch the talk show "Women on Top" today, and decided to take a look at the form from MOH website.

Decides that I will get it signed eventually. For what they say in the talk show makes sense. I certainly do not want to be a burden when I am terminally ill. And I certainly want to die a dignified death. So I am going to sign this.

As someone who think Singapore should legalised euthanisia, AMD is the next best thing for terminally ill patients. Shortens the pain and let patients go off more peacefully.

ANyone interested in AMD can go to MOH website or have a look at the form here

http://www.moh.gov.sg/mohcorp/uploadedFiles/Forms/AMD_form/FORM1AMD(270905).pdf

3 Comments:

At 5:14 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

girl, u are indeed positive.

 
At 6:32 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Fayth *hugs*
How have you been, thank you for posting this!!! I was just thinking about it recently... I am so going to download it now and send it :)
Stay in touch, postive and strong like I know you will :)
GOd bless...

Love Fleur

 
At 6:51 AM , Blogger Fay said...

Flora how are you? Glad to read that your chemo is gg to end soon. tee hee

Hang in there. :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home