Friday, January 02, 2009

Live Life Abundantly

Watched 7 Pounds today. And although I do not think what Tim did in the end is right, this movie certainly is very touching and meaningful.

It further enhance the fact that life is fragile, thus live life abundantly.

Though some of the medical issue was not really dealt with, eg bone marrow transplant can only be given to matching patient.... but nonetheless, I applaud the director and scriptwriter's creativity to come up with such a theme.

It certainly left me and my partner in tears. It kinda shook my world.

----

And so 2008 came to an end. Was at SGH this afternoon and learnt that Sarah, my neighbour in Ward 72 room 10 passed away in September or October 2008. I didn't know. In June/July, Sarah just went Phuket with her parents and we were still talking about food when we spoke on MSN after she came back from her trip. She was due to go for the next chemo treatment and I was due for mine. Met her in July and August but she was in a bad shape with her new chemo drug. Her skin darkened and she was vomitting non-stop.

Never will I ever imagine that she would just go like this... She was still so alive and enjoying life in June/July... And she was my neighbour, sleeping on the bed right next to mine... It kinda make me wonder if the new chemo drug killed her.

And so 3 of the people I knew had lost their life to cancer and gone to heaven. Carol and Sarah, my roomie in Ward 72, and my ex-boss.

Life can be tough and it can have it's painful moment.

But it's because of these very reason that made the happy moments in life even more precious and important. We must always remember to live life abundantly.

That's what year 2008 taught me

3 Comments:

At 7:44 PM , Blogger babe said...

Hi Faythe

Im a loyal reader of your blog...

I have strong emotions reading your past few entries...

I came across Shandy's obituaries and i wonder to myself what happen to this beautiful young lady... is it becos of that dreadful cancer... and i went to internet to try to find a answer hoping to find her blog of something...but cant find any...

After reading your blog...i have an answer... she passed away due to cervical ca... how sad... she look so beautiful and vibrant... she is so successful.. she is so young.... why does this has to happen... I hope she passed on peacefully without much pain...

Kel

 
At 5:26 AM , Blogger Fay said...

Thanks Kel. Shandy is a very memorable person. I wouldn't say it is all good memories that I had when working with her, but certainly when someone leaves your life forever, all you can remember and hold close are those good memories together.

She really is a very vibrant lady. I wish her family well, cos I know they are very close... always play MJ together

anyway, her blog is shandysim.blogspot.com

 
At 6:34 PM , Blogger Dr.Rutledge said...

Hi Fayth,

I'm an academic physician (formerly at Harvard and Stanford) who found your blog while looking for the best health writers. I think your writing is great! I would like to feature you in the Cancer Community on Wellsphere, a top 10 health website that has well over 2 million visitors monthly.

If you would like to learn more, just drop me an email to Dr.Rutledge@wellsphere.com

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home