Sunday, December 03, 2006

Wedding Dinners are Redundant

Why? Why do people want to hv wedding dinners? Inviting people we see once a yr or probably even once 3 yrs....just to announce you are no longer single?

Really, it is such a waste of time and effort to please the parents.

And I seriously dread gg to weddings, especially those that are of my relatives. Ok, I ONLY dread gg to weddings that are of my relatives.

Cos the first qns is.

When are you getting married yourself?

Then when I say not so soon, dad will barge in with "MAYBE YOU CAN INTRO A GUY FOR HER!"

God...I wish I hv a hole which I can just hide in.

Why!? What is with wedding dinners? Why do people hv to bug you about getting married? Does it really matter if I am married or not? Does it really equates to happiness?

Okie, nvm. If you are married, people will ask you when u wanna give birth. If you hv a kid, people will ask when you wan another. If you hv 2, people will ask the results of ur kids. If you don't do up to their expectations? They gossip about you.

Then I realise this phenomenon in weddings. Table full of aunties and uncles always like to criticise this and that. They criticise the food is no good, say that it is not worth $1000 per table, say that the service no good, say that atmosphere no good, say that the food shld not be served at this table first but that table cos it's respect.

The couple spent 1 yr and SO MUCH MONEY, just for these auntie and uncles to complain. And are they truly happy for the bride and groom? Seriously, some don't even know the bride's name. All they do, is gather, talk, gossip and complain.

I don't see a point. Waste money and effort for a pointless extravaganza.

If I have a choice, I will NEVER hv a wedding dinner.

And please...I wish the relatives shld stop asking me if I am getting married soon or not. It is seriously none of their fucking business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home