Saturday, October 13, 2007

I found a CLL blog!

I found fellow CLL fighter!

I am happy because I can read what he went through and know that I am not alone. I feel so lost with info overload of whether antioxidants are good or TCM is good or juice therapy is good or alternative therapy is good or ETC ETC ETC.

But at least now there is this guy who has the same condition and can prepare me for what is ahead.

he said this in his blog "My spleen and lymph nodes are swollen and my neck usually looks like that of a chipmunk storing too many nuts."

Exactly how I feel now. My friends even asked if I have mumps the other day cos of my swollen lymph nodes. LOL

His recent post about CLL patients being more emotionally distressed than other cancer patients are pretty true. Other pple just fight the fight and either win or lose. CLL guys are just waiting to die. Sad huh. But life goes on and I wanna enjoy every min of it being happy.

I will overcome this.

Do read his blog. This may give you an understanding of what CLL truly is. I sometimes feel so under-understood by people who know absolutely nothing of my condition cos it is so rare. Read, and understand us, the CLL fighters. And cheer us on.

Thank you

2 Comments:

At 1:17 AM , Blogger Molly said...

Hi Hope for life,

I'm glad that you found someone with your similar sickness. It is as if you have found a "soulmate" who understand what you are going through.

I went in to take a look and was touched by what he wrote, "CLL differs from most other types of cancer in that most patients with early stage disease are not immediately treated, which can cause emotional distress for patients who feel that ‘nothing is being done’."

Yah especially that word, "nothing is being done." It is really very "ker lian".

Maybe you can consider writing to him, letting him know that you are also battling with this sickness. Like I said before, "sharing and talking about "it" is therapeutic.

Take good care!

 
At 8:17 AM , Blogger Fay said...

Yup, I am also on a CLL forum. I feel a sudden new lease of life! I can't believe that just knowing people with the same condition can be so liberating. :)))

I am feeling very positive about life now. :D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home