Sunday, October 14, 2007

New lease of life

I found a CLL forum last night and was welcomed by many people in the forum. Many are CLL warriors, some are CLL caregivers. There's so much info in there. About alternative healing, like green tea (ECGC) was found last year that it stopped the growth of leukemia cells. So now, Mayo clinic in USA (I supposed that was the most renown hospital for CLL fighters) is doing a clinical trial on the use of green tea extract on CLL fighters.

Some people online also stated that after taking green tea capsules, their white blood cell count has stabalized and stopped rising. I had been taking green tea supplements since last yr but my counts are still progressively going up. But now that I know that it is exceptionally good for CLL, I am more positive about this and I am sure it will help me with my counts in my next blood test this month. Plus my bro has just suggest that I increase the dosage of green tea pills from 4 per day to 12 per day, I am hoping it will really be useful. My bro is a pharmacist and I do hope that this green tea pill won't cause any toxicity if taken in excess.

Then there's people taking about stem cell transplant (bone marrow transplant). I used to be very doubtful about it cos there aren't many successful cases around, at least not in Singapore. But reading how some people fare with their stem cell transplant, I am gaining hope for this. I am starting to see the light and the end of the tunnel and truly believing that I will be able to overcome this and live till a ripe old age. :)

Now with that positive thought in mine, I also have to start conditioning my mind because health is mind and body (and soul as well), and because mind decides your reality, I will be constantly positive and will start to stop always thinking about my condition and start putting in positive thoughts that I am healthy and well into my subconscious.

I feel I am truly blessed this 2nd half of the year. I got a wonderful job, a great chinese sensei, and a forum full of warriors to fight along side with me.

Now I know I am truly not alone.

N of cos. I have a good caregiver to me. My gf. :)

I am going to fight this fight with all my might now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home