Monday, August 25, 2008

For you do not even know me AKA 2006

On my birthday 2 years ago, I still had not found that I had CLL. But my birthday wasn't a pleasant one. I was supposed to go for an operation on the 30th of August to remove the lump under my chin so that birthday was spent quietly. I had also just "split up" with the one I was dating, so it was quite a sad, lonely birthday.

I wouldn't say 2006 was a time of sadness. I wouldn't also say 2006 is a unlucky year. For the first half of the year was great. I was never the office girl sort. Not sitting in the air con room letting my sight get short by the four walls. I was in mobile sales. Working 7 days a week, till late into the night. Meet tons of people from all walks of life and work with the greediest of people around, some with no ethics whatsoever. But I also meet nice people. Nice people from creative industry who taught me that even if you earn a lot, your life is only worth this much if you have no humility for others to respect you with. It was a satisfying job. It was that year that I was recognised for my work, went to Bali for a retreat for the top sales person in my company, earn quite a bit of commission and living my life in slight luxury. It was the year I met R, fell deeply in love with her. Had a really great time dating and having fun with all her friends.

Then the 2nd half of the year came. I decided to stop ignoring the signs and go see a doctor for the lump under my chin. Test after test, and an operation. It was at this half of the year, 3 weeks before my birthday that R told me we can only be friends. It was good. Cos she will never be the sort that can accompany me through this rough patch of my life.

Then in december. I got back in contact with my friend of 6 years. She was amazingly nice and caring. She accepted me for who I am and even though I brought with me a tough life ahead. She accepted all that and in 2007, we got together.

SO perhaps 2006 wasn't all too bad. It is a year of ups and downs but sometimes it is such life events that made you think "Life is worth living".
I truly think life is beautiful. And I wish I can live as long as I can because there are just so many things to see.

1 Comments:

At 7:15 AM , Blogger munchiew said...

Let us aim to see the flowers of hokkaido next year too, and enjoy together with a loved one too.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home