Monday, October 29, 2007

HLA typing, doctor appt today

Went for HLA typing test with my siblings (it's a matching test for stem cell transplant) and has 4 tubes of blood taken, including one for my full blood count.
My blood count is looking good, with my white blood cells (WCB) going down and my lymph percentage going down as well. The irritating thing is my lymphocyte went up from 10% to 14%.

Doc says that my lymph nodes are too big and told me that I am "barely hanging in there" and say that I might need treatment in months to come. I refuse to accept that. In my mind, I have a hunch that it is not my time for treatment yet and there must be a way to make these nodes smaller. There must be! Like that time I had my rashes and my nodes went down significantly.

So I am definitely not going to accept what he said and I am going to fight with this irritating swells. Whatever ways I can find to make the swell go down, I will. I am even praying that I have rashes again (and the one I have was a pretty terrible one) so that my nodes will go down. Praying and hoping for the best now. I must fight against all this!

Affirmations: I am healthy and I am well. I am free of CLL! I have healthy lymph nodes and healthy blood counts! All is well in my world.

PS: I think the green tea really work well on the white blood cell count. Now to hope that it work well on my nodes too. *Determined look*

PSS: I was knocked unconscious again (Nah, just the painful swell on my head is back AGAIN, this time sooner than expected)! This time, the bruise feeling swell is on the left side of my head. It hurts to sleep on the left side. :/

---

Snowcloud talk about this 七星針 on her blog. I managed to find some info online. My parents grow this plant in my house for some time already, without knowing it was so good, lol. We have the orange flower kind. According to my chinese sensei this is good. So I am eating this and hoping it will make my nodes smaller. Below is some info for those interested. I copy and pasted it from some webby.

"本地的七星針有2個品種(借ah_may82和alsa的照片):紫花滑葉、紅花皺葉(橙色及紅色花都屬這個品種)。

這種草藥一般上普遍被拿來治療子宮、卵巢方面的疾病,對于這方面的癌症也有一定的療效,以下是一些資料:

別名:緬甸玫瑰(紫花滑葉)、越南玫瑰(紅花皺葉)
原產:巴西、墨西哥
科別:仙人掌科

主治:跌打損傷、各種內外傷,民間亦用來治療婦女疾病。

功效:消腫活血化瘀,用在癌症也能起作用,若病人已經過化療或者電療,以七星針配合其他草藥,可以把剩餘的癌細胞抑制下來不讓它繁殖,提高病人存活率。
對於胃病,它也有療效,只須煲水喝。
而皺葉品種對婦女疾病如子宮癌或卵巢癌比較有療效。

紫花品種的花能生吃,有草青味,不過花心可以吃到花粉還有甜甜的味道,葉子一般上有人拿來煲瘦肉,不過每次不宜超過7片;而橙花品種 的,通常人們都是摘了葉片洗了生吃,我也試過,口感像帝皇苗,果子是酸的,花朵本來住我那帶的人都沒吃它,我手多偷拔一朵來吃,結果 發現... ... ... ...


它的花瓣是甜的

不過老年人,體制虛冷的人就不能吃太多。

紅花皺葉


紫花滑葉


果實

2 Comments:

At 11:00 PM , Blogger munchiew said...

wow god's helping you at ur backyard all these times!

 
At 10:05 AM , Blogger Fay said...

Hi! Haha, ya maybe you're right

How's ur CT scan results?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home