Monday, October 30, 2006

30th Oct

Went for my long overdue medical appointment today. My doc is a lady that reminds me of those primary school principal. Looks stern and firm. When she sensed any resistance from me to take my test, she will firmly advice me.

So there...I am going for a bone marrow biopsy on Thurs and a CT scan on Sat. Finally I am going to go through what XDD went through. She said that had to drink a lot of pink fluid before the CT scan. I am going to drink them on sat. I fear for the scan more than the biopsy actually.

I asked the doc if she had ever encountered any young patients that was diagnosed with CLL/Small cell lymphoma around my age. She looked at me...and said, "it is very unusual..." I take her answer as a NO then. Wow...considering how old she is and she still had not encountered a young patient like me who got this rare disease, she must be quite concern to have this rare prize.

One thing about being a young cancer patient, especially one with a rare disease, means that the docs and nurses will pay special attention to you. My nurse keep coming out of the clinic to bug me to make payment, go for councilling for my biopsy and CT scan. My doc is anxious to know my results. Well...i feel special.

I had blood test today. 3...huge...tubes of blood. As I am a subsidised patient, I paid about $97 for my consultation and blood test ($70 for consultation before subsidy since my doc is a senior consultant). And the nurse told me that I will have to do blood test every time I see my doc... "After all, you are seeing a haematologist (blood disease doctor)," the nurse said to me.... Going to be damn broke.

I used to be so afraid of blood test. I remember when I was JC, a leukemia support group came to my JC and asked for donors for bone marrow. They will require you to take a blood test and it will be in their record. If any leukemia patient match your bone marrow, they will call you up to ask you to donate your bone marrow. My group of girl friends...all 4 of them became donors. I didn't...because I was afriad of blood test.

What an irony that I am a blood cancer patient now, and has to do regular blood test. Is heavens trying to punish me for not being a donor?

Silly to think like that.

All I can do is take one step at a time now.

2 Comments:

At 4:37 PM , Blogger ahhfu said...

Hi. I'm a regular blogger and I passby and saw your blog. I hope you are as strong as xdd. I read her entries too, she's a brave girl.

stay happy everyday and smile always!

ting.

 
At 6:57 PM , Blogger patpat said...

i knw how it feels like to be sick and also feel like u are wasting $..but don't worry..money problems can always be solved..tackle ur health problems..the more u worry it will cause ur body to react badly. put aside anger, jealousy, anxiety..be happy go lucky like the way u ARE~

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home